The training will make sure that participants will be able to understand the concepts and language of management and to be aware of the relationships among all management disciplines. The overall objective is to introduce the fundamental areas of management in a broad-based manner, and encourage awareness of some of the current issues facing managers.
Companies are no longer competing just within their own country’s boundaries, but globally. Corporations, in their quest for competitive advantage, are either forced or enticed to consider global opportunities that reduce cost and/or differentiate their services and products. The task is paramount when business negotiations, needs for coordination of products and services, needs for local responsiveness, research and development, human resources management and so forth take place in different countries, continents, sociopolitical and cultural backgrounds. As an introductory course, it is aimed at understanding some of the issues managers face when working in a multinational enterprise.
– To provide conceptual and theoretical frameworks for developing and understanding of managing enterprises.
– To assist the participants to gain understanding the functions and responsibilities of the manager,
– To be familiar with tools and techniques to be used in the performance of managerial job
– Learn about environmental and social problems related to organizational development.
– Develop a clear understanding of cross functional areas within/outside of the organization.
– Think strategically about the role and functions of management.
– Understand the different perspectives used in management theory.
– Apply management concepts to analyze and deal with key organizational and managerial issues.
– Understand the environmental context in which organizations operate.
– Apply a variety of concepts and models used in the various subfields of management.
– Enhance their skills as collaborative and self-managed learners.