On 17 June 2020, Centre for Entrepreneurship Development (CED) of BRAC University (BRACU) organized a webinar on “National Budget 20-21 during COVID19 and the RMG Sector”. The webinar was hosted by the Mapped in Bangladesh (MiB) [www.mappedinbangladesh.org], a project mapping all the export-oriented RMG factories throughout the country, being undertaken by CED-BRACU.
The esteemed discussants of the webinar were:
• Professor A. B. Mirza Md. Azizul Islam, BRAC Business School, BRACU, and Former Adviser, Caretaker Government of Bangladesh
• Professor Dr. Rahim B. Talukdar, Adviser, CED, BRACU, and Team Leader, Mapped in Bangladesh (MiB) project
• Dr. Khondaker Golam Moazzem, Research Director, Centre for Policy Dialogue (CPD)
• Dr. Nazneen Ahmed, Senior Research Fellow, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS)
• Mr. Sheikh H. M. Mustafiz, Managing Director, Cute Dress Industry Limited, and Director, Bangladesh Knitwear Manufacturers and Exporters Association (BKMEA)
• Mr. Tapan Saha, General Secretary, Textile Garments Workers Federation
Mr. Shamim Ehsanul Haque, Assistant Professor, BRAC Business School, and Senior Research Fellow, CED, BRACU moderated the event.